If I’m in a rush, overnight oats are my saviour! I also find myself turning to overnight oats in the summer, when it’s slightly too warm for oatmeal but I’m missing my oats. The berry layer on top gives this breakfast a fresh, summery feel.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful of berries
- 1 splash of water or almond milk
1. To make the overnight oats, simply combine all the ingredients in a jar. Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
2. In the morning, throw the frozen banana and berries in the blender, with just enough liquid to allow them to blend smoothly, and blitz until smooth.
3. Add the berry layer to the top of the oats and then top with blueberries, granola, seeds etc.